Get Ready to Vote
Follow these steps before Election Day to make your vote count!
1. Register to Vote (or Update your Registration)
- Use the California Online Voter Registration system to register (or-register) to vote.
- Check if you are registered to vote in the County of Santa Clara.
- The deadline to register to vote is 15 days before Election Day.
- To change your name or political party, you need to re-register to vote.
- To change your address or preferred language, complete a Voter Action Request Form.
- Get more information about updating your Voter Registration.
2. Read your County Voter Information Guide
- Download Your County Voter Information Guide Online.
- Learn about the Candidates and Measures on your ballot.
- Read the voting instructions - how to mark and cast your ballot.
- Use the Sample Ballot pages to mark your choices, then bring it to the Vote Centers to help you mark your official ballot.
3. Know your Options
- Find your nearest Vote Center location. Vote Centers are open 7 am to 8 pm on Election Day.
- Check the mail for your Vote by Mail Ballot. Ballots are mailed to every registered voter starting 29 days before the election.
- If you didn’t get your ballot or need a new one, the deadline to request a replacement ballot by mail is 7 days before the election.
- Find a Vote by Mail ballot drop-off site. Some locations are available at night and on the weekend.
- Cast your ballot at an Early Voting location.
- Use the Remote Accessible Vote by Mail System (RAVBM) to download a copy of the ballot that can be printed and returned by mail.